Thursday 2 May 2019

Mexican Toasties

This week in cooking we made Mexican Toasties.   We used wholemeal wraps,  and filled them with grated cheese, ham, red onion and tomato relish.   I really liked them because the cheese melted and stretched when you bit into them and the spiciness of the tomato relish.

We placed our ingredients on half of the wrap and then slid them into a buttered hot fry pan.   When  the cheese started to melt, we folded the unfilled half over the top of the other side.




4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jemma, My name is Julia and I am a year 8 student at Yaldhurst Model School.

    This is a pretty good post as it has your thoughts and feelings and I like that.

    Something you could do next time is make it on a slide of bitable.
    Other than that awesome post.

    Kind Regards
    Julia
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia for your comment, I wi
    ll think about a slide next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Jemma!
    It's Mia here, I Loved your post especially how you added a photo of you making the toasties.
    Who did you make the toasties with?

    See Ya,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Jemma, my name is Abby and I am a year 7 student at Yaldhurst Model School. That looks like it would taste good.

    I like the way you talked about the ingredients you used so other people could try to make the mexican toasties to.

    Where did you make them? At tech we make all kinds of different stuff. Most of the time it tasted really good.

    Next time you could include pictures of the process so anyone including me that reads it is more interested.

    Did you enjoy the mexican toasties?

    Kind regards,
    Abby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.