Thursday 30 May 2019

Hanmer Springs Class Camp 2019

On Monday we traveled as a class to Hanmer Springs for camp.   We stayed at the Forest Camp in bunk rooms for two nights.


My favourite activity on camp was the two times that we went to the Thermal Pools.   I spent most of my time on the Big Bowl hydro slide.


Another activity that I enjoyed doing was the tree climbing. 


I didn't like the walk up Conical Hill,  as it was a lot of uphill walking.   The view from the top was beautiful though.


Another fun activity was orienteering, where we had to find triangles with letters and numbers which each had different points,   the team with the most points won.    The forest was very pretty



On the last day we went on another walk.  This time it was Forest Sculpture walk,   and there was some amazing wooden sculptures.




3 comments:

  1. KIA ORA! WOW!

    My name is Maddison and I am a year 7 from YMS ( Yaldhurst Model School)

    This was such an interesting blog post, I loved how you laid everything out in such a cool and easy to read way! I think some of the awesome photos were really funny and cool! I really liked the first one that was a cool funny photo of you! My favorite one was probably the photo of the trees! I liked that on because it looked really well photographed! Who took the picture?

    I think this is such a cool blog post but there is always room for improvement! I think to make this post better your could make it more eye catching aka bright and fun!

    This was a cool blog post to read because my class went there back in 2016 ( I think ) Sadly I didn't go but my friend did and she said it was super fun and exciting. What did you think about the camp? What was your favorite part?

    Kind regards,
    Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jemma,

    My name is Jedi and I am a year eight in rimu class. I think that this is a really good post because, you have written a good introduction. And added a lot of photo's. This post brought me back to the time my class went to hanmer for camp, and did most of the activities you guys took part in. I think this post is great, but do you think there could be another way to present this?

    Keep up the great work Jemma!
    Jedi ≧◡≦

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jemma, my name is Parwin and I am a year 8 from Yaldhurst Model School! I really liked the fact that you have added lots of photo's to go with your blog post and the fact that you have added all of the things that you enjoyed.

    This reminded me of when we went to Hanmer Camp which was like 2 or 3 years ago. I know I had LOADS of fun but I don't think we went to the Forest Sculpture like you guys did.

    I think that maybe next time you could add some more info because you haven't really done that because you have added a small amount of text but if you improve that then it would make your blog even better!
    Awesome work!

    Out of all the things that you did, what was your favourite?
    Did you travel in cars or a bus to Hanmer?

    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.