Friday 15 March 2019

Special Olympics and Constable Jos.


I am part of the West Coast Special Olympic team,  and take part in swimming, basketball and golf.

This is my friend Constable Jos,  who supports his son Alex and the team every week.   I was very proud to get my 1st place certificate last week from Constable Jos when we all competed in a West Coast swimming competition.   His job is to come to schools and teach us road safety in crossing roads,  on our bikes and keeping ourselves safe.

Today is Constable Jos day at our school,  as sadly Constable Jos is very sick.   We are all wanting to show him our much we care for him and his family.   Arohanui Constable Jos.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jemma

    You are such an amazing swimmer, especially backstroke. I bet you had a brilliant day down at the Special Olympics Swimming event, one day we might even see you representing New Zealand at swimming. Which sport is your favourite Jemma? I used to love playing tennis and netball.

    Miss Power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Power.

      Thank you for your comment, my favourite sport is Dancing.

      Jemma

      Delete
  2. Hey Jemma!
    Congratulations on coming 1st! What was the race? You look very happy and proud in the picture, as you should be. I don't really like sport, but I do swim in squad on mondays after school. I think I'm improving, but everyone else is so fast! Which of the sport is your favorite and which are you best at?

    Good Job!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah.

    Thank you for your comment. I came first in 50m and 25m backstroke, this is my favourite race to swim. I also love basketball and Dancing.

    Jemma

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.