Wednesday 10 April 2019

Dips and Chips

This week in cooking we made Tomato and Corn salsa,  and good old Kiwi Dip.  My Favourite was the tomato salsa because it had everything i like in it.  Everyone in the group got one of the ingredients to chop up and Kama measured the spices.

Our Salsa looked like this


Tomato Corn Salsa recipe

4 tomatoes chopped roughly
1 can of corn kernals drained
1 avacado chopped
1 red onion diced
2 capsicums roughly chopped
juice of one lemon
1 t of chipole chilli powder
1 t of smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Everything goes into a bowl and mix together.   Serve with corn chips,  pita bread cut up, brushed with oil and baked in oven until crisp. or on top of nachos.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jemma! My name is Maddie, I am a Year 7 from YMS.
    I enjoyed this post but maybe next time you could add in some photos of you guys making it or maybe add in some more detail just so I can understand why you liked it, and what you didn't like. I really liked how you added in how the ingredients for the reader! Kai Pai.
    Maddie, YMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.